OneSource Staffing Solutions of Selinsgrove is looking for Fabricators and Welders start for a client in the Montgomery, PA area.
*Pay rate is $12.62 - $15.24 /hour, based on your training and skill level to start 1st Shift, with a ($1-) shift differential for 2nd shift workers.*
- Joins, Fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications and diagrams to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Reading basic shop drawings or blueprints.
- Accurately reading a measuring tape.
- Operate welding equipment with skill.
- Competencies: Experience in the following is essential to this position
TIG (GTAW) Welding - will be tested onsite.
MIG Welding - will be tested onsite.
- Functional fabrication experience is a plus.
- Technical School Training or 2 to 4 years weld experience.
- Understand weld symbols and symbology.
- Good knowledge of hand tools and their uses.
- Ability to use math and various measuring devices in interpreting and following written instructions and engineering drawings.
- Mental & Physical Abilities:
*Physical fitness to perform all functions of designated work areas. This includes small tool use, full arm and leg range of motion, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and work in awkward positions.*
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Standing, kneeling, squatting, crawling on a frequent and rapid basis.
- Small motor skill/hand manipulation on a frequent and rapid basis.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed, including but not limited to: hearing protection, safety glasses, welding sleeves and/or jacket, welding hood or helmet, steel-toed shoes, metatarsal guards, welding pants or jeans.
- Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Lifting or pushing up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
Salary by Shift:
- 1st Shift (Monday-Thursday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm) - $12.62 - $15.24/ hour; with possible overtime on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 2nd Shift- (Monday-Thursday, 4:30 pm - 3:00 am) - $12.62 - $15.24/ hour; with a $1.00 / hour shift differential
WELDING CLASSIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Class (A1) welder: Advanced skilled. Bogie plumb, track weld, finals- lift gates & bumpers. Multiple position welding, Mig and Tig, Cosmetic, and heavy & lite gauge structural.Greater than 6 yr experience. Leadership skills helpful.
- Class (A) welder: Fully skilled welder. Able to perform Mig, Stick, and Tig Welding. Line 1 & 2 rear-frames, small parts up assembly, bogie weld, offline threshold. Must be able to weld aluminum, Steel, and Stainless. Should have greater than 4 years experience. Some Leadership skills helpful.
- Class (B) welder:Moderately skilled welder. Able to perform Mig and Stick Welding. Couplers, door jam, door install, area 32/ bodymount, understructures. Must be able to weld steel. Should have 2 to 4 years experience.
- Class (C) welder:Entry level welder. Able to Mig Weld on Aluminum. Reefer frame, landing gear, steps & ladders, floors. Should have 0 to 2 years experience. Understand weld symbols.
Job Types:Full-time, Temporary to Permanent (based on attendance and job performance).
Salary: $12.62 (Class C) to $15.24 /hour (Class A1) based on your training and skill level.