Responsible for processing credits for returned merchandise, service credits, manufacturer coupons and rebates; Processing vendor claims.
Education: High school diploma
Experience: One year warehouse
Skills needed: Ability to communicate effectively; strong customer service and telephone skills; strong organizational skills; ability to multi task, attention to detail; previous computer and inventory control experience preferred; ability to lift 50 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Opens all packages returned by shipping companies with in a 24 hour period and those returned via showrooms within a 48 hour period.
• Enters returns authorization numbers into computer for merchandise received.
• Accurately researches merchandise if no paperwork is found with items, to locate item number and warranty information.
• Ensure quality standards-Tags stock merchandise and parts with correct item number and location, to be returned to stock.
• Thoroughly checks all items that are to be put back into stock including expiration dates, complete packaging, and appearance.
• Effectively and accurately monitor inventory transactions for expired and pick error returns.
• Monitor and communicate returns that do not conform to the norm i.e. large quantity
• Accurately complete credit for non-stock and defective merchandise, parts, and small equipment.
• Provides Inventory Control department with the correct inventory adjustments by completing daily adjustment form.
• Accurately process transfers from DCs to correct inventory discrepancies.
• Accurately process transfers from Equipment Coordinators to DC.
• Returns all no credit value items which are non-reusable, expired, or incomplete according to No Credit Value policy.
• Accurately process credits for non-stock special order items based on manufacturer return policies.
• Accurately researches all RGA items returned from the warehouse, on a daily basis, and use necessary steps to return it back to the warehouse for stocking.
• Assists in educating new associates from other departments as to the department’s function.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.