OneSource Staffing is looking for an Administrative Assistant with good customer service skills for a well known insurance provider in Moosic. This person will make calls to our agents to obtain and verify information and key that information into our database.
Under immediate supervision, reviews, rates, and enters statistical coding on individual personal lines insurance policies and applications from agents and brokers, processing subject to specific guidelines. Reviews endorsements, renewals, and related forms to relive the underwriter of more routine processing functions. Functions as part of a team or teams servicing an assigned group of agents.
This is a 2 – 3-month contract.
• Reviews and rates routine renewals, endorsements, and applications which cannot be processed on the automated system, referring those items that do not meet criteria to the underwriter for review.
• Performs premium statistical coding entry for new business, endorsements, renewals, and cancellations following well defined procedures.
• Reviews error lists and related documents, correcting errors, obtaining additional information, or following up as necessary.
• Requests and processes inspection reports and motor vehicle records according to specific guidelines referring exceptions to the underwriter.
• Contacts agents to obtain correct or missing information and answers and questions the agents may have, within authoritative limits.
• Calculates refunds for endorsements, cancellations, and premiums due on new or changed endorsements.
• Maintains and updates specific rating and coding manuals as required.
• Assists the underwriter and Personal Lines Marketing Manager in effective agency management and training by providing feedback at scheduled team meetings; watches for trends in agency submissions and communicates these to the teams.
• Maintains a record of work processed and submits work reports as required. Informs supervisor of pending or anticipated work backlogs.
• Provides timely, courteous, and accurate service regarding underwriting and related matters to agents and to policyholders. Provides timely, courteous, and accurate service regarding underwriting and related matters to agents and to policyholders.
• Answers inquiries, both written and verbal, or directs to proper individual or department for response.
• Maintains liaison with service departments, such as Accounting, Agency Support, and Policy Typing, setting up policy typing instructions for specific policies, as required.
• Keeps Manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to Manager for direction.
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in mathematics and typing. Must have good phone/Customer Service skills