OneSource Staffing Solutions of Selinsgrove is looking for Entry Level Wood Production Workers to immediately start for a client in the Beavertown area.
- Produce cabinet and cabinet doors components for later assembly using various wood manufacturing machines and/or assembly presses.
- Pick and move materials by hand or machine.
- Able to use simple math, read drawings, job orders and use measuring instruments (tape measures -1/16ths scale and/or calipers).
- Ability to detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the appropriate team leader.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and team leaders with minimal supervision.
- Constantly check work for quality assurance.
- Must be willing to transfer to other departments and positions based on manufacturing needs when directed by supervisor.
For higher paying positions, you must possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and bench power tools and possess advanced skills in order to operate production machinery with various controls and adjustments.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and resolve routine manufacturing issues and have the ability to follow through on those issues.
- Must have the ability to see color, or perceive color differences under varying lighting conditions as well as have the ability to recognize various woods by smell and touch as well as by color and grain.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition following prescribed safety requirements at all times. Identifies and communicates safety violations and/or injuries to team leader or manager.
- Must be able to learn basic machine functions in order to perform the specified tasks.
- Assure that all products maintain the highest standard of quality.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma, GED or OJT Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or experience
- Requires repetitive bending, lifting, stooping and physical effort for position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pound objects and 30 pound objects over your head.
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours of an 8 hour workday.
- Ability to work in an environment where there is exposure to dirt, dust, noise, fumes and odor and is frequently exposed to heat, cold and dryness. Occasionally exposed to hazardous materials.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment which would include but not be limited to safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Steel-toed safety shoes are recommended but not required except for limited positions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- May use computer system to track and locate production orders.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage their time.
- Must have the ability to regularly meet deadline requirements.
Shifts: 1st - Monday-Friday (8am – 4:30pm)
3rd - Sunday (Midnight – 8am), Monday-Thursday (10pm – 6am).
Job Type: FT Temp-to-hire** Based on attendance and performance**
Applicants must submit a current/up-to-date resume with work history and experience in order to be considered for this position.
Salary: $12.00 /hour to start
3rd Shift has a $1.50 shift differential.
$12.00 - $13.50