Turrett Operators are needed for a night shift opportunity. Your typical day would include the following:
• 1) Operates turret punch press to punch holes or layout marks in metal sheets, plates, strips, or bars, following charts which list machine settings for each cut: Inserts, aligns, and locks punches and dies in turret, using hammer, shims, feelers, micrometers, and setscrews.
• 2) Places workpiece on table manually or by using crane.
• 3) Aligns workpiece to scale and end gauge on machine and clamps it to machine table.
• 4) Pushes button to turn turret to specified punch and die.
• 5) Turns cranks to set indicator to specified dimension on forward and lateral machine scale.
• 6) Presses pedal to activate punch.
• 7) Repeats operation for each machine setting specified on charts.
• 8) Positions center punch from turret to touch plate and turns crank to scratch layout lines.
• 9) May compute punch charts from blueprints, using square, scale, and applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
• 10) May punch holes in nonmetallic materials.