A well known plastics manufacturer in the Pittston area has several career opportunities.
We are currently hiring screen printers for the second shift and are looking for candidates with experience that are comfortable in a packaging environment.
Will also be willing to train the right person.
Produces printed materials by studying specifications; setting-up, operating, and maintaining printing and binding equipment; maintaining supplies inventory.
* Prepares printing jobs by reviewing work orders; studying specifications; assembling required materials.
* Prepares presses by assessing requirements for offset lithography, gravure, flexography, screen printing, or letterpress; loading stock and adjusting for size; setting feedboard, side guides, register board. and delivery mechanism; mounting and setting cylinders and plates; adjusting pressures and tensions; loading and setting inking mechanism; setting computer controls.
* Establishes quality by pulling proof copy; adjusting settings; inspecting production samples.
* Maintains production and quality by monitoring output and quality; troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns; adjusting settings and controls; correcting jams and tears.
* Shuts-down presses by cleaning equipment; returning supplies to stock.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains printing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Completes bindery requirements by operating cutter, collator, bander, stapler, drill, etc.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.