A local client is looking for a Full-Time Test Center Intern for their facility in Danville. This position would consist of conducting physical property tests on mineral samples. The client prefers someone with mechanical/electrical aptitude but focused more on mechanical.
This is a temporary position which is possible to become permanent. Pay rate starts at $15.00/hour.
This position will enable the candidate to gain real-world experience by providing Test Center support and working on projects. The candidate will be directed in their work by Test Center Technicians, Process Engineers, and Test Center Manager. Activities include: testing of mineral samples, involvement in research and development projects, and testing methods development.
Individual is responsible for performing a variety of technical assignments including all aspects of process testing of minerals and other materials, operation of bench scale and pilot scale process equipment, laboratory testing, recording of test data and preparing materials for testing.
Individual must be willing to get dirty as the Test Center is not a “clean” environment.
• Must be physically fit to perform manual labor
• The ability to use all extremities to efficiently operate manual tools, power tools, office and computer
• The ability to work in a variety of environments which may include exposure to extreme heat, humidity, fumes or airborne particles, chemicals and loud noise. PPE is provided.
• The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb and balance.
• The employee must lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds repetitively during a day.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and to read meters and documents.
• Frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Ability to hear is required
• Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Preferred (Not required):
• Ability to perform welding, pipe fitting and wiring
• Ability to safely operate a fork lift but must be certified
• Computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint. PLC programming experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of operation of firing systems
• Strong engineering knowledge and analytical skills
• Experience with laboratory procedures and experience with pyroprocessing equipment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply now. Pre-registration is also available here on our website. Just make sure to select the Bloomsburg Branch.
OneSource Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability or veteran status.